Thursday, May 1, 2008

the first day, it went quickly

I started my day early. It's 9:30 now, and I'm writing this from a poached internet connection at a Comfort Inn somewhere in Ohio.

I managed to get rid of a couple possessions at the last minute, thank you lord for sending me The Internet, and specifically Craigslist. I've been pruning some dead branches out of my life, it's tough to let go at first, but it feels very good to have closure.

It struck me today that there are two kinds of people, those that need closure and those that don't. I've always needed closure. I like to know that something is done, success or failure is irrelevant, I just want to be able to stop remembering about it. I think it's why I still have The Count of Monte Cristo checked out of the Saratoga library, even though I've moved and the book is well over 12 months overdue. I need to finish it, but just haven't had the time. Hopefully now, on this trip, I will have the time. The people that don't need closure look like they lead free-er lives. As if they're not burdened by stale thoughts.

Tuesday I took my last ride at the Stables in a while. The new dam trail is not to be missed, the whole trail system just keeps getting better. It's one of the things I will miss most after moving. I hope to return and ride again soon.

And now for the pictures:

Stickers have been applied.
The trailer is now completely bitchin'

My rig, it is ready to roll.

You can't see it in the picture, but the trailer in the last picture has a sign that says "Good Stuff, Trucks Bring It" LOLcats are on ur truck, writin ur signz


No comments: